Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cardiologist

I went to the cardiologist yesterday to go over the results from the test we did last week. The ECHO came out normal, which is the best news- she was a little worried about my heart being enlarged, but everyting looked fine!! The results from the heart monitor were not as good- I never had any really bad episodes while I was wearing the monitor (of course..), but I did have a lot of shortness of breath and dizzy spells. During those times, my heart rate was 168 beats a minute. She said that is not good at all. She asked what I was doing during those times, and I explained to her that I was just sitting or laying down. She said its not life threatening at all or harmfull to the baby since its just been going on for a few weeks. I guess its only harmfull over long periods of time because your heart just cant beat that hard for too long. She decided it was good to write me a prescription to try and bring the rate down, but explained that few studies have been done on the med. during pregnancy. She said as far as they know, its safe, but they just dont have enough info. The med. also only has a lifespan of about 4 hours and takes 30min. to an hour to work. I feel like thats a pretty short time to feel good to have possible side effects- She wants me to ask my OB about early induction to avoid taking the medicine. So, I go back to see my Dr. on Thursday and I will talk to her about it then- At that point, I will be 38 weeks so Henry should be safe!! I guess we will just wait and see what happens :)

2 comments:

mgoff said...

Hang in there....Henry will be here before you know it, and it will be well worth anything you go through!!! Can't wait!

danielle said...

i hope you are feeling better!!! you will have to let us all know what your doctor says on thursday!