Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cardiologist-

Well, we met with the cardiologist yesterday. She was really nice and we were able to start to figure out what we can do (if anything). First of all, my resting heart rate is about 140, which is about 40-60 beats higher than normal. During this time, I actually feel ok, its when it hits about 200 that I want to pass out. She put me on a heart monitor for 48 hours to see if we can track a pattern with my heart and she also ordered an ECHO (which we did at 4:00 yesterday). She was a little worried that the pregnancy might have caused my heart to become enlarged and if so, we would have to induce pretty soon. Well, we don't know the results of the ECHO yet, but judging by the fact that they let me go home, probably means it looks ok. I return the monitor on Monday and then go back to her on Friday- She said that she is hoping to find a med. that is a low enough dose to be safe for Henry, but also to get me through the next few weeks and labor. I guess after the baby comes, there are a few procedures that can be done to correct my problem, but it's not that bad when I'm not pregnant :) So hopefully things will settle down after he gets here!
Brian took the day off today and has been so great! I couldn't ask for a better husband. First off, he came home and got me twice yesterday to take me to my appointments, then he got me breakfast this morning, cleaned the house, made lunch, and is now at Wal-Mart getting groceries (which he hates more than anything, but didn't complain at all :) I couldn't be any happier to have him in my life :)
Well, even though I don't feel great and some days go so slow, we really can't believe its almost time. I go back to my OB on Thursday and then I only have 3 more appointments after that! We are so excited to meet Henry, and to get to see our family again! Please pray for us that everything goes well, and that we have a healthy little boy!

No comments: