Sunday, November 9, 2008

Henry's birthday



Dad's first pee experience :) We were giving him a bath and he went to the bathroom all over Brian's shirt:)



His first bath

Dad has become a pro at picture taking now!! :)





Well we have a few new pics and so I thought I would update everyone (anyone who wants to know:) on how everything went and is going- I went in Monday night at around 9:30 to be induced, and as soon as we got into our hospital room I started having contractions on my own! How crazy! So they didn't use any medicine and decided to hook me up to the monitor and let me contract on my own. The contractions got pretty hard pretty fast and so they decided to help the process with pitocin- it really made the contractions come quickly- The problem was I wasn't having a break in between contractions, for some reason, the pain just stayed consistant. At this point the doctor decided to give me the epidural. It worked for a few hours and then everything went bad :( For some reason, the epidural completely wore off and when they tried to give me more of the medicine, it just got worse. They tried injections through the I.V. and through the epidural and nothing worked. After about 6 hours they decided to redo the epidural with another anesthesiologist (sp?). This time it didn't even work for a minute. The pain got increasingly worse and they tried every sort of medicine they could think of- nothing worked. I continued to labor for 28 hours before he decided to arive!! So, with no epidural and no rest, our little boy arrived Wednesday morning at around 2:24am. What a journey!!! The more I look at him the more in love I am- Its amazing how there is someone who you have never seen before and the moment you come in contact with them your heart goes crazy- I just can't get enough of him :) He is our little prince and we couln't be happier! He does cry alot and is having problems eating, so please keep us in your prayers- It's a whole new adventure and we are just trying to figure everything out. He has completely changed our world!!

6 comments:

danielle said...

wow jess! you are a trooper! your baby boy is absolutely precious! i know that you and brian are going to be fantastic parents. congrats!

mgoff said...

LOVE these pictures! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Keep up the good work, call me if you need anything. Love ya.

The Savage's said...

Wow! What a story! You did an amazing job, he is absolutely beautiful. We will be in Temple again soon, so I can't wait to meet him!

Scott, Stacy, Maddie, Elle and Lola said...

He is SO cute, congratulations! Wow... what a labor story! Yikes!!!

Shara said...

Wow, now I'm REALLY impressed with how great you looked in that family hospital pic! He's absolutely adorable; keep those precious pics coming! :)

mgoff said...

Hope you guys are doing well. Thinking of you often.