Thursday, June 26, 2008

We made it!

We're finally Texans- It seems like we've been planning this for so long and now its here. We have only been here about a week and its been so busy- I think we only have 1 box left to unpack!! What a relief, only to think we get to do this again in 4 years :) Well, Brian started orientation today and starts seeing patients on Tuesday- He is so excited!! He will finally get to do what he has been working so hard for- This first year is just a year of general medicine (E.R., Wards, V.A. hospital...), next year he will be doing optho!! We met some of our neighbors this week and all of the medicine residents and optho residents- Everyone seems so nice! This really is the best place for us- if you can get past the heat... I really didnt think it would be this much warmer in Texas than in Oklahoma, but it has been over 100 degrees since the day we moved in. Riley doesn't play outside as much :) Our neighbors behind us have a pool and you can hear the fountain when you go in the backyard- I'm worried that if my belly gets too big, I might be jumping the fence :)
So, Henry must love Texas because from the day we moved in, he has been moving almost all day- Just a few days ago, I was sitting down and he started moving so much that you could see my belly move. He is getting big! It is so exciting and so hard to believe he is in there....We cant wait to meet him!
Well, that is all of our exciting news for now...I know it hasn't been that long yet, but we are so excited to get to see everyone in a few weeks! We miss you so much!

No comments: