Saturday, December 12, 2009

This week.....

Ok...so I know this picture is awful, but I had to share what happened! So, this week I had a really bad sore in my mouth. Usually I just let them go away over time. This time my "friend" :) Tam decided I should use silver nitrate to burn it off. You can see where this is going..... So I put it on there for less than a second and the pain was Awful. She told me that I had to leave it on until the pain stopped which meant all the nerves had been burnt off. I put it back on and held it for 3 minutes!!!!! My eyes were watering, my nose was running and I thought I was dying :)
Needless to say, the pain NEVER went away and for 3 days I had a severe chemical burn and a hole in my lip that kept bleeding!!! After talking to 4 doctors, a dentist a nurse and a hygenist, they all concluded that I was crazy and apparently you are only supposed to keep silver nitrate on a wound for 1-2 seconds...not 3 minutes!
Anyway, I am all healed now and wanted to let everyone know that silver nitrate is a bad idea :)

Henry had spagetti for dinner :)

Then he got a little tired :)


He is walking everywhere now!! Still a little wobbly but so excited!!




He is a big cheese now...

He loves making this face!

2 comments:

danielle said...

oh my goodness jess! that looks super painful!! but yay for henry walking!! how fun!!!

The Savage's said...

That burn looks even worse than I imagined it!
P.S. We miss you guys, you live less than 2 minutes away and we haven't seen you in weeks!